9 smart paving and patio tips to transform a small space
Your garden isn't too small; it's just right. With a bit of clever planning and imagination, even the tiniest garden can become a welcoming outdoor sanctuary.
From lush walled gardens to stylish brick patios, these 9 tips will help you use every nook and cranny to make the most of your garden space.
- Add a sense of depth. Building raised beds and borders is a smart way to save space while incorporating seating. To further the effect, blur the divide between inside and out with paving slabs that echoes brickwork or internal flooring.
- Mix dark coloured plants with bright coloured blooms. For striking beauty that enriches every garden, mix dark coloured plants with bright blooms for a stunning complementary effect.
- Have you got room for containers? Big planters and pots can look fantastic in small gardens and are great for adding focal points.
- Add the impression of more space. Run patio slabs lengthways to make your garden feel bigger, while mirrors add light and enhance the illusion.
- Want patio designs with a twist? Bradstone Carpet Stones add an effortless rustic effect to suit every style.
- Paving Slabs are versatile – cut different shapes to create eye-catching and unique features. Whether it's a traditional finish or quirky mixture, lay patterns that fit your décor.
- For a more contemporary feel, Bradstone Mode Porcelain Paving turns your brick patio into a modern, minimalist space which complements wide, open areas with a stripped back feel.
- Edge paving areas with rumbled kerbs to add definition and contrast which can highlight specific features around your garden.
- Choose a cleaner look – select natural stone setts to help break up hard landscaping and by lining the edges, for a neater seamless environment.
Don't let the challenges of a small garden put you off. With just a few tweaks and a creative attitude, you can turn even the tiniest of outdoor spaces into something special.
Simply Paving is here to support every stage of your landscaping project. For advice, assistance, or inspiration, give us a call on 0800 032 6306. We would love to hear from you.