Create the feel - The perfect urban walled garden
So, you want to create the perfect urban garden
Don't let the smaller space deter you – with options ranging from a circular patio and plant wall to carpet stones with a traditional aesthetic, you can create a little urban sanctuary in even the tiniest walled garden.
Here are some of our top tips for creating a city garden that can turn a small patch of land into domestic paradise:
- Get rid of the clutter. Clear the area completely so you can see how much space you've got to work with.
- Dedicate some time to planning. Think about the type of garden you want – considering other key factors such as the sunlight available.
- Architectural is in. Don't let a lack of soil hold your garden design back. Let your landscaping materials do the talking with different colours, clean lines and textures to add real visual interest.
- Make the most of your features. Take advantage of walls by using creeping plants such as vines, trained up trellis or wire mesh.
- No soil doesn't have to mean no planting. Urban greenery is simple and accessible with attractive containers and pots.
- Sometimes, simple is best. Consider one stand-out feature container or water feature to create that all-important focal point.
- Creative lighting helps set the mood without needing any upheaval.
- Choose the right plants. Architectural plants like pampas grass create a sense of drama and intrigue.
- Porcelain Paving is available in a range of sizes that can help to accentuate the space with clean long lines.
- Bradstone Smooth Sandstone Paving makes co-ordination of accessories easy. Try mixing neutrals like warm beige and grey. Splashes of statement colours within your accessories add great contrast to your garden theme.
- Kerbs and shaped edging create surrounding borders with that cared for look, while requiring low maintenance.
- Planters are another way to add a green touch. They need little upkeep and can be replanted to keep the look fresh and seasonal.
Bradstone Manzano Porcelain Paving instantly adds a designer flair with its unique mosaic design and modern finish.
Let's get make your city garden perfect. For a casual discussion and further inspiration, Simply Paving are here to help. Give us a call on 0800 032 6306. We would love to hear from you.