Porcelain Paving Slabs
Bradstone Manzano Porcelain Paving in Pearl Mosaic
From £54.79 per m2 £49.31 per m2
Bradstone Manzano Porcelain Paving in Grey Mosaic
From £54.49 per m2
Features of Porcelain Paving
- Contemporary choice of pavers.
- Adaptable style, offering refined flooring for modern and traditional homes.
- Variety of finishes from smooth to textured surfaces.
- Extremely durable, water-resistant and scratch-resistant.
- Stain-resistant and quick to clean with a colour that will never fade.
- Perfect for areas with high footfall, such as patios and pathways.
- Designed to be an ideal choice both inside and outside.
- Crack resistant in the cold and during winter months.
Porcelain Pavers FAQs
We’ve been working with porcelain paving for years now, which has given us plenty of insights into the range. Thanks to this, we’ve got answers to many frequently asked questions about porcelain pavers.
These include questions about how to use them, how to style them and how to maintain them.
What is porcelain paving?
- Porcelain paving combines the style of natural stone and the strength of concrete slabs with a contemporary edge.
- Porcelain pavers set themselves apart from vitrified and ceramic pavers by being suitable for both internal and external paving.
- For information on the cost of laying paving, read our guide on how much it costs to lay a patio.
Made with a mixture of clay and sand, porcelain boasts the look and feel of high-grade natural stone but with the modern features of concrete paving slabs. This makes them ideal for those who are struggling to pick between natural stone or concrete pavers.
What's the difference between ceramic, vitrified and porcelain paving?
Many manufacturers can liberally use paving terms ‘ceramic’, ‘vitrified’ and ‘porcelain’. However, there are some subtle differences between these types of pavers.
For example, porcelain and vitrified paving slabs are designed for outdoor use. This is thanks to their clays fired to a very high temperature that creates a hard and durable finish to stand the test of time.
Ceramic, on the other hand, can refer to a variety of materials, including porcelain, some of which may not be suitable for outdoor use.
All in all, if you’re determined to choose ceramic paving for your outdoor space, then make sure the material is fit for purpose. Otherwise, play it safe with our range of beautiful and ever-reliable outdoor porcelain paving.
How much does porcelain paving cost?
Here at Simply Paving, we offer our luxurious porcelain pavers at the most affordable prices possible. Thanks to this, everyone can bring a sophisticated style to their garden.
How to style porcelain pavers
- Porcelain pavers are exceptionally contemporary, available in a wide array of colours.
- Porcelain outdoor slabs can accommodate both traditional and modern styles.
- For inspiration with styling your garden with porcelain paving, read our garden makeover guide.
Which colours do you stock?
From bold blues and black paving to softer neutral hues, you’ll find a diverse range of colours for your garden in our porcelain collection. Those who prefer an avant-garde approach with porcelain garden slabs will no doubt adore our darker shades of pavers. For example, we feature many rich grey porcelain paving slabs, such as our Bradstone porcelain paving.
Alternatively, for a country cottage garden aesthetic, pave your patio with grey, beige or dark brown pavers. We even stock porcelain paving slabs that replicate timber flooring. We especially love our Madera Grande porcelain pavers for delivering this rustic outdoor aesthetic.
How to maintain porcelain pavers
- Porcelain is easy to clean and stain-resistant.
- Maintaining porcelain doesn’t take any special attention or products.
- For more help with how to clean porcelain pavers, read our guides on how to clean patios and how to clean block paving.
How do you clean porcelain paving slabs?
Porcelain pavers are non-porous, which means you don’t need to spend time scrubbing stubborn stains or buying expensive sealants.
Is porcelain paving slippery when wet?
Porcelain is rated as one of the least slippery surfaces available for paving slabs, ranking at an R13 anti-slip rating. This means that, even when wet or frosty, porcelain pavers offer a steady and gripping surface underfoot. For any more questions on the anti-slip properties of our porcelain paving, you can find all the information you need by reading our tile slip rating guide.
To keep your pavers looking good as new, all you need is washing up liquid and a bucket of warm water. Everyday dirt and grime should lift with the sweep of a sponge. Or if you’re tackling tougher spills, a quick jet wash should do the trick.
How to use porcelain pavers
- Porcelain is incredibly adaptable and can accommodate many uses.
- You can use your pavers for internal and external tiling, yet they are better suited for enduring footfall rather than significant weight.
- For a detailed run-down of how to cut pavers, read our comprehensive guide on how to cut paving slabs.
Can you have a porcelain driveway?
Porcelain garden paving is durable enough for footfall, but we’d advise against using it for a driveway. However, we have a wide selection of classic, tried-and-tested driveway paving. For example, our Charcon block paving is heavy-duty enough to comfortably accommodate your vehicles.
How do you cut porcelain paving slabs?
Due to their durability and toughness, cutting porcelain pavers can be tough. The only way to cut porcelain is with a circular saw, specialist blade, and water feed. This method requires specific safety equipment. Be sure to have the likes of heavy-duty gloves, safety glasses, and dust masks close to hand it attempting to cut pavers.
Buy porcelain paving online from Simply Paving
Whether you want to lay down a completely new patio or just want to spruce up your summer barbeque area, we have the porcelain slabs for the job. If you have any questions or want to find out more about our porcelain range, just give us a call on 0800 032 6306 or start a live chat. A member of our friendly team will be more than happy to answer your queries and offer professional paving advice!